Etude House Dr. Oil Solution

I've had problems with my skin before. From blackheads to acne and to it being dry and oily. I know what to do with blackheads and acne, I have my favorite pore strip and acne gel with me. For dryness, I have a thick heavy cream. But with oilies, I really didn't know what to do and what to use. Until I discovered this line from Etude House.


It's their Dr. OIL Solution line and when I first heard about this, I thought it was just a gimmick to name it "...OIL Solution" because to me, it's like you are claiming to solve the oily problems of the skin. And by adding Dr. at the beginning makes it more interesting because to me it means that this stuff will "cure" the oiliness.

Since I thought that this was just a commercial gimmick, I pass on this one. And then I noticed my skin became more and more oilier to the point where my makeup wouldn't last for even 3hrs. So, I decided to give these two a try. Did they work? We'll see...

Let me start by introducing to you the Anti-Shine Mist.


This mist, like any other mist comes in a spray bottle of 30 ml which release fine spritz of mist which I really like. These two actually has a box but I left them in the Philippines. The box contains all the company description and ingredients. Sorry... ;)


So. What do I like about this:
  • It's unscented. 
  • Non irritating.
  • Not sticky.
  • Didn't broke me out.
Now, I am going to show you the compact powder.

  This is sooo embarrassing to show but this is reality. This is what going to happen if you are using a produce non-stop.

See how much I use this? I've already hit pan!
This powder compact comes with a tiny powder puff. The powder is just translucent and you may also call this a 'finishing powder' if you wish.

What do I like about this:
  • Just like the mist, it is unscented.
  • it has no different shade to choose. It's just plain powder.
  • No any reaction like breaking out.
  •  It's just a straight flat matte powder.
There is one thing that I really don't like about this. The puff is so tiny that it's impossible to buy a replacement. But, it's just a minor thing. Right now, I use a brush instead of the puff.

So, you want to know the verdict?

I LOVE THESE TWO! I spray the Anti-Shine mist first all over my face then apply my moisturizer, BB cream or foundation. Then I will set everything with the compact powder. They really control my oil and I am really impressed that it made my makeup last all day. With these two, I never have to worry with touch ups or my face looking like an oil mine.

So, if you are looking for oil control products, these two are what you're looking for.

Thank you for reading! And talk to you soon!