Sealed and Concealed: Etude House Surprise Essence Concealer

I have a really bad case of under eye dark circles. Although I never find nor consider it as a problem, I still want to find something to minimize it's obviousness. I knew concealer will help but it took me years to convince myself to try one because I made myself believe that there is nothing that can hide these dark circles.

So I tried ELF's cheapest concealer which unfortunately didn't work and didn't actually do anything on my dark circles (nagsayang lang ako ng P129.75). It was very sheer and... yeah, there's no 'AND' it was really SHEER. I throw it out and continued my quest to find the concealer that will help hide my eyebags.

And I have to admit, after that failure I almost gave up thinking that there is really nothing the makeup world can offer for my dark circles. But then, during the time I was strolling around Etude House, I found their concealer which is the Surprise Essence Concealer. Why it is called 'Essence Concealer' I don't know. 


But before buying it, I did a little research first coz I don't want to waste my money on something that doesn't actually work well at least on me. After reading some blog posts and watching reviews about this on YouTube, I have finally got myself one and the shade I bought is in number 2.




Overview:
  • It comes in a plastic tube very much similar to a lipgloss packaging.
  • It has a wand and a doe foot applicator.
  • The consistency is quite thick. At least this one is thicker than the ELF one.
  • Blends easily.
  • I have to set this with powder because it creases under my eyes.
  • This pretty much lasted at least 5 hrs.
And now, I will show you the coverage it gives.


Please say 'Hi' to my bare eyes with matching dark circles.

So here I dot three small dots (?) to cover the entire under eye area.

And here it is blended out. Three dots was too much so I ended up covering even my entire eyelids.


Here is a quick comparison. I hope you can see but the other eye has the concealer on, but the other doesn't. Can you guess which is which? :)

And I wanted to show you guys that this concealer is actually buildable.


So again, i dotted three dots.

So here is my under eye with two application of the concealer.


The eye on your left is the one with just one application of the concealer and the other one on your right is the one with two. Can you see the difference? I really hope you can.

Coverage wise, I think it did a pretty good job. I can see how it conceals my  dark circles very well. I haven't tried to use this to conceal any redness nor blemishes though. 

So if it's your first time to use concealer, I really suggest you check this out on Etude House. I just don't remember how much this costs but all I know is that this is not more than P300. If you find this one to be a bit too pricey, I think you might want to check Ever Bilena or Careline counters. Hey, never under estimate Local Philippine brand cosmetics. :)
 

That will be all, thanks for reading!